Save Texas Schools
March & Rally at State Capitol
Saturday, March 24, 2012
Sign the petition to state leaders TODAY at
With severe state budget cuts causing crowded classrooms, program reductions, and school closures statewide, Save Texas Schools is fighting back. Join us on Saturday, March 24th, for a massive rally at the State Capitol - and sign our petition now at www.savetxschools.org
The Save Texas Schools petition calls on state leaders – both officeholders and candidates – to pledge their support for the following emergency actions in the next legislative session:
* Make outstanding public education a top priority for Texas.
* Restore all school funding cuts made by the 2011 Legislature and provide sufficient resources for our growing student population.
* Revise school finance laws to be fair to all students.
* Fix the $5.4 billion annual deficit to avoid further cuts to education.
* Reevaluate and limit high-stakes standardized testing.
Together, will make public education the most important issue of this next election cycle, holding legislators accountable for supporting a quality education for all Texas students. It’s time to stop underfunding schools and over-testing kids. We’re watching, we remember and we vote!
Learn more, sign the petition, or help with a donation at
ABOUT SAVE TEXAS SCHOOLS: Save Texas Schools is a nonpartisan statewide volunteer coalition of parents, students, educators, business leaders, concerned citizens, community groups, and faith organizations. Our goal is to educate our state’s elected officials about the importance of making outstanding public education – from pre-K through college – a top priority for Texas.