The PTSA is hosting a appreciation POT LUCK luncheon for the ARS faculty, ~70 members strong, on Thursday, December 18th in the ARS library. This is an opportunity for parents and students to show our appreciation for the faculty’s hard work and dedication.
A VolunteerSpot has been created by Melissa Saucedo, where you can sign up to bring items. The link is below and there are 50 plus spots available… for paper goods, drinks, meats, sides, desserts, gluten free, vegan, dishes with no nuts, etc. If you have questions about the VolunteerSpot, please contact Melissa Saucedo firstname.lastname@example.org 512-731-5169
Please have your item delivered to the school library no later than 4 p.m. on December 18th.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS, ARS PTSA
We’re using VolunteerSpot (the leading online signup and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming activity.
Please sign up for Teacher and Staff Appreciation Pot Luck!
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/fyqTuP
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots – VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
PARENTS, ARE YOU INVOLVED IN THE SUCCESS OF YOUR ARS STUDENT?
- Want to keep up with your daughters grades, assignments and attendance?
- Want to control how AISD and the school contacts you with student/school information?
- Want to get an email when your daughter misses an assignment that was lost in the backpack or has a low grade because her text messaging plan is maxed out for the month?
- Want to keep informed about the the amazing college preparation and application process your daughter is completing?
- ALL ARS PARENTS SHOULD SIGN UP FOR THE PARENT CLOUD TO STAY INFORMED !!!!!
Click On The Cloud To visit the AISD website for more information
Click Here for instructions on how to use “Parent Self Serve” on the ParentCloud to access grades, assignments, communication preferences and more.
If you use Amazon to make online purchases you can use AmazonSmile and support our PTSA.
Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
Support your charitable organization by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com
To benefit the ARS PTSA you will need to:
- Sign in to AmazonSmile using your Amazon ID and login info, with the link above or on the website main page.
- Enter “Ann Richards” to search for your charitable organization.
- Select PTA Texas Congress 11830 Ann Richards PTA (you can also consider selecting the Ann Richards School Foundation, if you prefer to support the Foundation that supports our school as well)
- Make your Amazon purchases using the AmazonSmile link. If you do not use the link, the ARS PTSA will not benefit from your Amazon purchases.
- Thank You!
Campus Workday Rescheduled
Saturday, November 29th >> 9am – Noon
Due to a high probability of wet weather, we are rescheduling the Saturday Campus Workday to next weekend.
Staying in town and wanting to burn off some of those Thanksgiving calories?
Come join us on the 29th to help move the big pile of mulch, tend to the trees and finish the front stepping stones.
ARS students receive service-learning hours, all are welcome. Tools, snacks and drinks provided.
Can’t make it on the 29th? Our next campus workday will be on Feb. 21st, 2015 (weather permitting).
Questions? Please contact Mark Penniman >> DadsClub@arsptsa.org or (512) 627-2891
The proposed bylaws changes, documented in the links below, were presented to the PTSA general membership on October 14th. We will vote on the proposed changes at our next PTSA General meeting, on Tuesday, Jan. 13th, 2015 from 6-7PM in the ARS Cafeteria.
2014 FINAL LOCAL PTA BYLAWS TEMPLATE with July 8th Changes
ARS Bylaws Made Easy Form 10-14-2014
For more information, contact Charlie Foreman
Thank you to all of the volunteers who helped on Saturday, October 25th to work on beautifying the front of the school. We planted 2 new trees, removed some dead and invasive species trees, built a rock lined addition to the front entryway and mulched & tended to the existing trees.
Enjoy some pictures from the event with this photo gallery
Join us for our next workday on Saturday, November 22nd, from 9-12. We will doing some fall tree maintenance and continuing our work in the front area of the school.
The Reflections Pizza & Pastels workshop scheduled for Weds. has been rescheduled to next Monday, October 27th. Please RSVP with Lieng Chin at 512-744-7338, email email@example.com
It’s not too late to join the Ann Richards PTSA and pay your Annual Student Enrichment Fee of $60.00. We appreciate those who have already paid and are now part of our 400-member organization.
If you haven’t yet paid this year’s fee–or would like to make an additional donation–forms can be found in the school office, on the PTSA bulletin board opposite the library, or on our website (click on the flyer, upper right corner of this page). Cash, checks, and money orders can be sent through your daughter’s advisory.
The Enrichment Fee helps fund school events, programs and resources for our amazing ARS Stars.
Thank you for helping support our school!