ARS Parents >> We invite you to join us as we celebrate Parent Involvement Week, February 9th – 13th. We have some fun events planned for the week and hope you will be able to attend.
- Monday, Feb. 9th >> Tacos for Dads – Bring your daughter to school at 8:45AM and stop by the front entry area to have a delicious taco and refreshments at the Tacos For Dads reception. At 9:00AM join the student body morning assembly for 15 minutes of announcements, pledges and the mission statement. If you can stay longer, from 9:30 – 12:00 we will be building two more wood benches for our school. Materials, tools and Band-aids will be provided.
- Tuesday, Feb. 10th >> Muffins for Moms – Bring your daughter to school at 8:45AM and stop by the front entry area for a muffin and refreshments at the Muffins for Moms reception. At 9:00AM join the student body morning assembly for 15 minutes of announcements, pledges and the mission statement.
- Tuesday PTSA General Meeting at 6PM in the cafeteria >> Come join the monthly PTSA meeting, ARS staff will present “All about Summer Camps” and “Healthy Snacks”, the Band will perform and you’ll get an update on all of the PTSA activities.
- Wednesday the 11th & Thursday the 12th there will be Parent Learning Walks from 9-11AM >> Want to see what a great school our girls attend in action? Sign up for a Parent Learning Walk tour of the school. You’ll get a close up view of the rich learning environment our students experience every day. Please RSVP with Diana Nenque (ARS Parent Support Specialist) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (512) 414-3355. Deadline to RSVP is Friday, Feb. 6th.
- Friday the 13th, Teacher Appreciation >> We will be showing our appreciation to our fabulous Teachers by providing them with a table of desserts. Do you like to bake, can you bring a dessert? We need your help to put together a great dessert table for our wonderful teachers. Please sign up to provide a dessert by contacting Sonya Banda, our PTSA President by email at email@example.com (corrected 2/2/15)
It’s not too late to pay your PTSA Student Enrichment Fund fees, or complete your partial payments for the year.
Click on the flyer below for more information about the enrichment fund fees, in English and Spanish.
Click Here to view and print the enrichment fund form
A message from Eric Heineman:
Parents of 9th, 10th and 11th grade students:
Please plan on joining us on Tuesday, January 13, for a very important Ann Richards School College Information Night. The presentation will begin at the conclusion of the ARS PTSA meeting, which begins at 6:00 PM in the cafeteria.
Our College Center team will present helpful information regarding the ARS college planning process for your daughter. Results from this fall’s PSAT test will be distributed, and other vital information regarding GPA, class rank, ACC opportunities, and scholarships will be shared. Spanish translation will be available.
Please contact Michelle Rivera (512-414-3358 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions regarding our program. Si tienes preguntas sobre este programa, por favor de comunicarse con la Sra. Rivera.
We look forward to greeting you next Tuesday.
The PTSA is hosting a appreciation POT LUCK luncheon for the ARS faculty, ~70 members strong, on Thursday, December 18th in the ARS library. This is an opportunity for parents and students to show our appreciation for the faculty’s hard work and dedication.
A VolunteerSpot has been created by Melissa Saucedo, where you can sign up to bring items. The link is below and there are 50 plus spots available… for paper goods, drinks, meats, sides, desserts, gluten free, vegan, dishes with no nuts, etc. If you have questions about the VolunteerSpot, please contact Melissa Saucedo email@example.com 512-731-5169
Please have your item delivered to the school library no later than 4 p.m. on December 18th.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS, ARS PTSA
We’re using VolunteerSpot (the leading online signup and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming activity.
Please sign up for Teacher and Staff Appreciation Pot Luck!
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/fyqTuP
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots – VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
PARENTS, ARE YOU INVOLVED IN THE SUCCESS OF YOUR ARS STUDENT?
- Want to keep up with your daughters grades, assignments and attendance?
- Want to control how AISD and the school contacts you with student/school information?
- Want to get an email when your daughter misses an assignment that was lost in the backpack or has a low grade because her text messaging plan is maxed out for the month?
- Want to keep informed about the the amazing college preparation and application process your daughter is completing?
- ALL ARS PARENTS SHOULD SIGN UP FOR THE PARENT CLOUD TO STAY INFORMED !!!!!
Click On The Cloud To visit the AISD website for more information
Click Here for instructions on how to use “Parent Self Serve” on the ParentCloud to access grades, assignments, communication preferences and more.
If you use Amazon to make online purchases you can use AmazonSmile and support our PTSA.
Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
Support your charitable organization by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com
To benefit the ARS PTSA you will need to:
- Sign in to AmazonSmile using your Amazon ID and login info, with the link above or on the website main page.
- Enter “Ann Richards” to search for your charitable organization.
- Select PTA Texas Congress 11830 Ann Richards PTA (you can also consider selecting the Ann Richards School Foundation, if you prefer to support the Foundation that supports our school as well)
- Make your Amazon purchases using the AmazonSmile link. If you do not use the link, the ARS PTSA will not benefit from your Amazon purchases.
- Thank You!
Campus Workday Rescheduled
Saturday, November 29th >> 9am – Noon
Due to a high probability of wet weather, we are rescheduling the Saturday Campus Workday to next weekend.
Staying in town and wanting to burn off some of those Thanksgiving calories?
Come join us on the 29th to help move the big pile of mulch, tend to the trees and finish the front stepping stones.
ARS students receive service-learning hours, all are welcome. Tools, snacks and drinks provided.
Can’t make it on the 29th? Our next campus workday will be on Feb. 21st, 2015 (weather permitting).
Questions? Please contact Mark Penniman >> DadsClub@arsptsa.org or (512) 627-2891
The proposed bylaws changes, documented in the links below, were presented to the PTSA general membership on October 14th. We will vote on the proposed changes at our next PTSA General meeting, on Tuesday, Jan. 13th, 2015 from 6-7PM in the ARS Cafeteria.
2014 FINAL LOCAL PTA BYLAWS TEMPLATE with July 8th Changes
ARS Bylaws Made Easy Form 10-14-2014
For more information, contact Charlie Foreman